- Mobility Plan 2045, Knoxville Regional Transportation Planning Organization
- FY 2022-2024 Comprehensive Multimodal Program, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- I-40/1-81 Multimodal Study
- Mayor’s Climate Council
- Recode Stakeholder’s Advisory Group
- City housing and redevelopment working groups
- eKnox Task Force
The Knoxville Chamber has released Infrastructure Redefined, a Path to Prosperity strategy designed to support future growth. The white paper aims to highlight a spectrum of short- and long-term infrastructure recommendations that the community can consider as it strives to ensure economic prosperity for all.
Data from Redfin, a national real estate brokerage, ranks the Knoxville metro area at 26 on a list of fastest growing populations based on net inflow. Of the 30 cities mentioned, Knoxville boasts the lowest cost of living. Growth is not just on the horizon; it is already here. Supportive infrastructure is needed to convert growth into prosperity and increased revenue into strategic investment.
Phase 1: Research
Phase 2: Create Outline
- Working sessions with Chamber Infrastructure Council
- Compile priorities from research
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Council and Chamber leadership to determine priorities and components
Phase 3: Report
Complete regional infrastructure strategy, to include:
- Recommendations for broad, inclusive regional action over time
- Emphasis on diverse, equitable, and inclusive priorities
- Direction for beneficial regional partnerships
The strategy’s recommendations are below:
- Lead and advocate for short- and long-term solutions to relieve roadway congestion, safety improvements for all modes of transportation, and advancements in movement to drive regional economic prosperity.
- Support infrastructure projects that aid in workforce development, talent retention and attraction, and business recruitment efforts.
- Support projects and policies involving buildings, energy, and land that support economic growth.