The Knoxville Chamber’s exclusive mentor/protégé program is a one-of-its-kind opportunity for your business to team up in one of the most rewarding experience business has to offer. In fewer than three years, the program has helped start new businesses and drawn an economic impact of nearly $50 million to the community.
The mentor/protégé program pairs an established community business leader with a protégé that is relatively new to business. Ideal protégé candidates for the program meet the following criteria:
- Established business for three years or have ten years expertise in their field
- Agree to Chamber membership for three years
- Articulate clear, measurable goals with the assistance of a mentor
- Passion to grow your business
- Willingness to take instruction from others
- Time commitment of one face-to-face meeting per month
“As a small business owner, I have thoroughly enjoyed being a Chamber member. The Mentor/Protégé program has helped me grow my business and the Chamber has helped me meet so many individuals who I can help as well. It is a great feeling both spiritually and emotionally when you can help others grow their business. The Knoxville Chamber is truly an asset to the Knoxville Business Community.”
Always Moore Janitorial Services
Each year the mentor/protégé accepts roughly 15 individuals for each side of the program. For more information about how to apply, contact Doug Minter.
Apply to be considered for the 2016 Propel Program by clicking here. If you are interested in serving as a mentor, click here. Deadline for applications is June 27, 2016.