Diversity Champions is a group of 60 Knoxville-area business leaders focused on communicating the importance of a diverse workforce. The task force was created to:
- Challenge the definition of diversity and inclusion within their firms as more than race and gender.
- Hold our elected officials accountable to diversity and inclusion policies that have substance and enforceability.
- Engage and communicate diversity and inclusion as core values.
- Communicate diversity success stories to the media, to the Diversity Champions task force, and to employees.
- Seek to ensure procurement spending that exceeds goals with minority-, woman-, and veteran-owned firms.
- Publicly support the notion that diversity and inclusion are key to the economic development of our region.
- Develop a written strategic plan, measure the results, and recognize those who are excelling in diversity practices.
For more information about Diversity Champions, contact Doug Minter, at (865) 246-2662.